Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder



Author: Laura Ingalls Wilder

Title: Little House in the Big Woods

Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Book
Date: 2007

Reading Level: 9-12

Number of Pages: 256 
Genre: Non- Fiction Autobiography

Summary of plot: Laura Ingalls is a kid who loves to help her family, is afraid of wolves, and hates her "boring" brown hair. She lives in a little house in the big woods where she and her siblings work hard at their many chores like killing and preparing farm animals for the winter and dinner, mind their ma and pa which the book really emphasis as a really big deal, go to school where all of the children are  in one room, and have lots of frontier adventures with her sister and little brother. She loves her pa so much and wants him to be really happy.

Readers Reaction: This was the first chapter book I ever read all by myself when I was in the third grade so it has a lot of meaning to me. I love it so much. It was the book that helped me like reading.

Potential Problems: A gun is used, killing farm animals. everything is appropriated for the time.

Recommendation: Readers like me. Who didn't want to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment