Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Year Down Yonder- Richard Peck



Author: Richard Peck
Title: A Year Down Yonder

Publisher:  Puffin

Date: 2002 
Reading Level: 9-12

Number of Pages: 144

Genre: Fiction

Summary of plot: the book is about Mary Alice and her adventures during world war two living with her grandmother. At first she doesn't really want to be there but when she starts to have adventures with her grandma like the time that stole pacons from the old guys house and all kinds of other adventures she eventully learns to love it there and then returns to grandmas house and gets married at the end of the war.

Readers Reaction: I thought it was a good book. The Grandma is really funny and reminds me of my grandpa. This one was fun to read. I think I read it to fast though so I missed some of the humor in it.

Potential Problems: Playing tricks on other people and un safe gun shooting.

Recommendation: Teen age kids might think its really fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment