Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Of Thee I SIng by Barack Obama



Author: Barack Obama

Title: Of Thee I Sing

Publisher: Knopf

Date: 2010

Reading Level: 4-6

Number of Pages: 40

Genre: Non- Fiction - History

Summary of plot: the story is a letter to his daughters were he finds their winning attributes and then connects each attribute to an American Hero. For example, launches into a short bio about painter Georgia O'Keefe, who "helped us see big beauty in what is small: the hardness of stone and the softness of feather."

Readers Reaction: I'm not really a fan of President Obama but this story really mad me cry. It has a good back ground to it.

Potential Problems: No problems that I Could find

Recommendation: Read on Presidents day to your class or read to your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment